<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Wednesday, November 28, 2012
FRACGP

When I was 12, I did my PSLE and my scores got me into the normal stream.

At 13, my marks transferred me into the express stream and I saved a year. 
Sweet 16 came and my O level results were bittersweet. College doors and interesting polytechnic gates were closed to me.

Australia opened her doors to educate me under parental sponsorship directed by the big guy up there.

I was none the wiser at 18 as I relied on old study habits that didn’t work for me at 12 and 16.

Rejected university applications deflated hopes of entering science courses that would ultimately help lead me on to medical school.

But it seemed like the big guy up there had other plans and he wanted me to have an interesting learning experience while getting to my destination.

When other windows, doors, portals and entrances close, there will always be one left opened.

Deakin University agreed to take me on as an Arts student but also allowed me to dabble on the scientific side of life.

Certainly I proved to be older but wiser when I failed college chemistry but seemed pretty brilliant at university chemistry. So impressed by my intake of scientific knowledge that Deakin University thought I was deserving of switching to a science course.

Decent GPA grades and taking one of the longest-I-don’t-want-to-take-it-ever-again medical school entrance exam and subsequently talking my way through a medical interview on September 11 and voila! I am on my way to being a doctor.

Unfortunately, old habits die hard and procrastination lingered on like a bad odour and my first year of medical school did not go very well.

I wanted to give up. Maybe I wasn’t meant to be a doctor. Maybe this is a sign to tell me that I’m heading in the wrong direction. Maybe if my parents could look at me with disappointment and tell me that they are never going to fund my education ever again and going back to medical school was not their idea of money well spent, then perhaps I would have a legitimate reason not to continue with wanting to be a doctor.

No such luck on the parents.They instead told me to make my own decision and they will support me in being a doctor or not.

Yup, the fun of growing up and making growing up decisions. Things happen for a purpose and an extra year proved to be good for friendship, intellectual enhancement but more importantly spiritual growth.

6 years on out of medical school and 3 exams later, it seems like I have reached part 1 of my destination.

Destination General Practitioner. =) 

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called to his purpose” Romans 8:28