<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Strength I need

Single life is good. I am not complaining. What is there to complain about when all you need to take care of is yourself and not having to put yourself through emotional turmoil which I have heard comes with most relationships.

Through my early 20's, I admit, I yearned to be with someone. For someone to care for me, to love me, to tell me that Im beautiful and that he will do anything for me.

Doubt any relationship based on that...with all of it being me would last for too long.

It was all about me. Selfish me.

It was actually quite pathetic. Friends cringe whenever they watch romantic movies with me, as I come out all bleary eyed and sniffled out and whinging..."what about me?".

Im glad that as I aged, my maturity about love and relationships aged as well.

I still love my romantic movies and I still do cry at them (when appropriate), but I don't hear myself whinging anymore about the lost loves that I never had.

My attitude these days seems to be the more "Oh well, good for her. Hope they stay happy" vs "What about me? How come I don't have a good looking bloke hanging off my arm".

So, I think I have gotten this whole attitude towards being in a relationship covered...until facebook messes it up.

Media is great, but it can also be depressing.

Especially when you see the number of friends who changed from their 'single' to being 'in a relationship' and those who are pregnant or are already parents.

Seriously, it feels as the world's population is being greatly increased just by my friends.

Thats when I seem to regress to my 20 something self. The self that whinged..."what about me".

Everyone else seems to be getting along well. Boyfriends, girlfriends, engagements, marriage, pregnancy, parents...

What about me? Where do I fit in? Will I ever have the chance to experience this life?

Please give me the patience Lord to wait till my heart is meant to be stirred.

Give me the strength to not get my emotions all riled up over things that is not mine to have...yet.