<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Sunday, June 26, 2011
Forgetting the Basics

Its that time of the year again.

Making decisions that could change my life. Big or small.

I don't know where I would be calling home in 2012. Thats how life changing it could potentially be, plus the experience that I would be getting from it, both the good and the bad.

Its scary not knowing. Human nature wants to be in control but reality doesn't allow it. We want to make decisions that we know that ultimately would benefit us and make us happy. Sometimes these decisions are easy to make without much thought and other times, sleepless nights and endless queasy tummies lead up to the decision making.

Thankfully, I have missed the sleepless nights, but my tummy hasn't been much fun to be with these days.

Currently, I am living in Albany while I train as a GP. It has been great. I don't have many complaints. I can't really. Place is beautiful. People are lovely and friends are in abundance. Work has its niceness as well as its sadness.

I could continue to work here and continue this life that I have been living, but there have been days that I ponder...is this it?

The "mundanicity" if there even is such a word gets to me sometimes. There are the variations such as working in the hospital, doing ward rounds, being on call, visiting nursing home residents and soon, having to work an evening in the emergency department.

However, on most days, its de ja vu...or just variations of it.

Perhaps, it might be a good time to cast my horizons elsewhere to see if I can gain a different experience in medicine.

The Kimberly has been mentioned and interviews done and the answer lies in tomorrow. Im not too sure if thats where I should be going, though it has sounded great amongst the stories of places that I have heard.

The uncertainty of next year is really playing on my mind. I don't know if I'm making the right decisions in the places that I am looking at for next year. I want to but I don't think I will ever know until it happens.

Then I realise that I have forgotten the basics.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding".

Lord, I know I need to trust you to help me make the right decisions for my life. You know me more then I know myself. If I do make the wrong decisions, help me make them right.

Remind me that my life is lived for you.