<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Monday, March 07, 2011
New Technology

I have finally bought myself a new laptop.

My first was a Compaq. A very heavy Compaq that would probably be the weight of a average new born baby. One could have used it for weight lifting if it came with proper bars or handles.

It served it's purpose for helping me improve my knowledge i.e. college. Its also amazing how I never needed to learn how to type since I was inundated with assignments after assignments. Add to the fact that I was a major procrastinator, meant that i needed to learn how to type well...and fast!

After college and a little bit of university, the heavy and bulky Compaq came and went like a rusty old machinery that has been left out to bake under the sun for eons.

Acer was its replacement. More sleek and slender and maybe weighing like a slightly premature but still well new born infant.

It lasted for the rest of my University life and a little bit into my career life, until I got impatient with it.

Taking all about 7 mins to start up was certainly not very time efficient plus having decided that it should be a desktop (its battery went kaput and couldn't survive without being plugged in) gave me all the more reason that I needed to move on.

In came a relic from the Apple series. A 11 inch PowerBook. A much loved relic of a much loved sister, who had no use for it (as she was sporting a new fancier model), but couldn't part with it, which left me to inherit it.

It worked well. It was like computer for dummies and I wondered why I never transited earlier.

I loved especially the fact that it was 11 inch small. I am a great believer that in technology, the smaller the better.

Unfortunately, like all forms of technology, there came one day when its OS was found to be too old that I couldn't update on an application because of it...and it also wanted to be a desktop.

Goodbye PowerBook and welcome MacBook Pro.

I do hope that you are here to stay for a wee while MacBook Pro!