<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Thursday, July 16, 2009
Revenge On The Plastics

I was watching the 1st episode of 'True Beauty' on Channel 7 with my mouth wide open and eyes bulging in horror.

Do people like this REALLY exist in this world? MY world?

No, I don't see myself as a mountain hermit, and I wouldn't say that I'm not atune to the ways of the world. But seriously, the world that I live in, or perhaps I thought that I lived in, was one where people were mostly nice and humble and NICE.

So, its really dreadful to think that there are beautiful people out there who are NOT nice. Yes, Gwen should really get her head out of the clouds and get back to reality.

Throw a group of 10 gorgeous people, ranging from a model to a beauty pagent queen to a chippendale dancer to a recent science graduate and what do you get?

True Beauty, a reality TV show with a twist.

So, they gather these beautiful people and give them challenges to pit beauty against beauty, to find out who is the most beautiful of them all...

"Oh mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all...."

Sorry I digress, just sorta broke out with that tune.

The twist: Secret cameras fliming their attitudes and reactions to everyday things that tests their inner beauty.

"I know I am the most beautiful person in the world".

"I have got a perfect face, pefect teeth, a perfect body, who wouldn't want it?".

"I used to think that people thought that I was a freak because they kept staring at me, but now I know it was only because I was beautiful"

And it goes on. I was horrifed. I just couldn't imagine that people can actually be that arrogant. Please, bring back the nice people.

The first 'obstacle' was them being assessed by a plastic surgeon and given scores based on scientific calculations which tells them how beautiful they are. Anything more then 95 means you are like a celebrity sort of beautiful, and anything less then that, means that you are good-looking and the bottom 2 goes to the elimination round.

During the challenge, at some point they are placed in a room on their own, with a stack of confidential files of the other contestants, and they are tested to see if they can resist the temptation to not take a peek.

Fortunately, most of them passed. Thank God there exist people who are beautiful AND honest...there is still hope. *Phew*

Then, one of the 2 girls who scored the lowest gave a hissy fit when she found out that she was being thrown into the elmination round. She was shocked, horrified, angry, swore...bascially doing things that my mum wouldn't be proud of. And this was despite the fact that she got a score of 85 i.e. good-looking.

"I am not ugly! I don't care what other people say! God has a plan for me!", she ranted, raved and cried.

God? Hmmmm...

And then the final obstacle was to see her actions when she comes across a guy, arms laden with your caffe-latte's, mocha's, chai's and other caffeine laden hot drinks, and trying to open the door.

Guess what she did?

She opened the door for HERSELF and the poor guy was left with the door slammed right back into his face!

And when she finally got eliminated (for good reasons obviously), she goes on to say...

" I don't care what ya'll say, I know that I'm beautiful and I know I'm beautiful on the inside too!", she storms off angrily in her blinding-shiny-lime-green-body-hugging dress that would probably cause a traffic jam on her way out.

DENIAL.

Yes honey, I think God has a plan for you, and that is to use this show to reveal to you who you really are, and hopefully change yourself to become a real true beauty, both inside and out.

Okay, I think I will pop my head back into a clouds again, and bring back the nice people.

Ps:
Should the girl whom I'm referring to in my blog happend by some coincidence to read this...yes, I agree that you are attractive, not beautiful though. Sorry. And, I think God would want you to read Proverbs 31. Now, become that, THEN you will be a TRUE Beauty.