<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Friday, July 17, 2009
General Practitioner

Another 5 more weeks is all I have left before I finish my General Practice rotation, which accumlates to a total of 20 weeks that I have been working in a suburban practice.

For the first 10 weeks, I wasn't too sure if I would be brave enough to put in my application for General Practice training.

I say brave, because, if I do get accepted, I not only assume more responsibility by becoming a GP registrar, it also means that i have to spend 18 months of my life living the rural way.

For those who know me, I am more of a metropolitan person. Coming from Singapore, one cannot expect any less.

However, looking back at my track record, I seem to be heading down that route.

Singapore, Melbourne, Brisbane and now Perth.

Get my drift?

My fear of having to live out in woop woop is the cause of my hesitation to become a General Practitioner.

Surprisingly, on week 11, after having had one of the most difficult but fulfilling days, I realised that this is definitely what I want to do, rural or not.

It can only be God. He changed my decision, changing it from really not wanting to do face life in a small town, to actually looking forward to it.

So yes, I want to become a General Practitioner and bring on the idyllic small towns with friendly people!