![]() |
|
|
Insert Cbox code here
June 2003
July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 December 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 December 2008 February 2009 April 2009 July 2009 October 2009 December 2009 February 2010 May 2010 June 2010 January 2011 March 2011 June 2011 August 2011 January 2012 May 2012 June 2012 August 2012 October 2012 November 2012 Bituwin -
template Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls. Hit counter code here
|
Friday, February 06, 2009
A little hiccup
My car is in the repair shop.
My car of less then 6 months, that used to be shiny, sleek and black...is now sitting in the workshop with a dented rear bumper and bonnet, with a most likely smashed radiator with some white and silver added onto it. I'm okay. Thank God. The morning panned out as usual. 5 mins behind time, missed breakfast, and cruising along with the morning traffic. Only in another 15 mins, would I have been found sitted comfortably behind my desk in the coolness of the air-conditioner. On the lane next to me, where oncoming traffic usually whizzes by, sat a steam roller going about its usual duty of flattening the black hot grains into the road. It was reversing itself, looking like it was almost going to run over me...but just not quite. I got distracted for 1 sec, thankfully short enough to realise that I need to start pushing on the brakes to come to a gentle stop, in time to not cause a mess in front. I looked up in my rear view mirror. Saw a face that showed fear, and heard the screech of tyres, before feeling a hard bump that pushed me further ahead, right into the car that I just managed to miss. Sandwiched, I was. I took the lead of the car in front of me, to turn into a side lane to avoid being on the morning traffic news. "Good, at least the car can still move..." I thought to myself, while noticing a slight tremble to my hands. We all got out of our cars to assess the damage. I was badly hit, mine being the worse out of the 3, not unexpectedly. Names and numbers were exchanged, and amazingly, 2 two trucks "just appeared", one whom happend to be affliated to my insurance company. After 45 mins of chit chatting with the girl from the insurance company, we finally got on our way to get me sitted behind my desk, 2 hours behind time. Don't seem to be experencing any emotions at this point of time, whether I'm truly over it, or it hasn't hit me yet. But I will fine. I know it. It's just a car. It's God's car. :) |