![]() |
|
|
Insert Cbox code here
June 2003
July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 December 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 December 2008 February 2009 April 2009 July 2009 October 2009 December 2009 February 2010 May 2010 June 2010 January 2011 March 2011 June 2011 August 2011 January 2012 May 2012 June 2012 August 2012 October 2012 November 2012 Bituwin -
template Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls. Hit counter code here
|
Saturday, October 18, 2008
God's Car
I recently made a bank cheque out to Melville Subaru. That was the largest sum of money that I have ever spent in my life.
Yes, I finally bought a car. It has taken possibly almost a year and 9 months to buy me one of those things with 4 wheels on them. I couldn't seem to make up my mind what I wanted. First I wanted a 4WD, but then those that were out in the market were too large and expensive. Then I thought I would get something different, but a I didn't feel that the Suzuki Swift Sport warranted the $28,000 price tag, despite how much I love the drive. I just wanted something different. The volkswagen beetle was different enough, and a phone call to my godly counsel (i.e. mummy) regarding the possibility of owning one of the most different cars met with approval, an approval that was more then what I expected, and approval with a little extra thrown into it. So the day came, when the whole gang trotted down to the dealership and we test drove the beetle yet another time to confirm that this was indeed the car for me. It almost was it seemed. I really did think that the car was a really nice one. A fun car. A different car. Which was exactly what I wanted. But yet, there was still something amiss. I just didn't have that perfect peace that I knew would come when I knew it was God's choice. The gang had it, but I didn't. The contract papers were laid out. Interestingly enough, it had to be re-written twice, as the dealer filled it out wrongly. During this time, my sister called, while the dealer re-wrote another contract up. My heart was pounding. I felt my stomach churning. I didn't feel well. I felt nauseated. My sister's words were, "don't sign anything unless you are 100% sure, and that you will be happy in your purchase". I wasn't 100% sure, and I certainly wasn't happy. I was terrified. I didn't know if it was because this was the first time I was buying something so expensive, or that I just didn't have God's peace in operation. My sister once again said, "the car will always be there, you can always come back another day to buy it if you want". I looked at the dealer and apologised profusely. My unexplained nausea settled once i made that decision not to go ahead with the purchase. And once again, I was car'less. The search for another started all over again. More discussions about cars brought the good old trusty brand name of toyota. why I never wanted the toytoa in the first place was because it was such a common car. Definitely nothing special or different about it. It was on the streets everywhere. Each household had one. But it fitted the budget and like what many has said, "you can't go wrong with a toyota". So, off to the toyota dealership. The drive of the corolla was okay. I wasn't too excited about it, but I knew that it was a car that I should really consider, as I can't go wrong if I do get it. The place was closing in 30 mins and I felt that I couldn't make up my mind within such a short time. I didn't feel sick or nauseated about the thought about getting it, but neither did I have the peace or the excitement that should be associated with getting a brand new car. There was still one more car yet to be tested. A subaru. I never really thought about it or even considered it, as I felt that it was too expensive, but during my night shifts while I had time to idle away, I chanced upon an offer that brought the price tag of the subaru down to one that was more affordable, and within my price range. So, the day came when I had to buy a car, figured that I should just go with the toytoa corolla and be done with it, and to stop fluffing around. I even said to myself, "just buy the toytoa", and didn't feel too sick about the thought about it. But before I made my final decision, I figured I should give the subaru a go. Who would have thought, that the car that I never considered or ever thought of owning, would be sitting in my garage right this minute. I loved the drive of the subaru. Although it is a Japanese car, I felt like I was driving a continental car, and it definitely did not feel like a toy car or something so light that a strong gust of wind could blow it away! I was excited about the drive. I keep turning around asking my mum what she thought, and she just nodded with approval. I was excited and had the peace about signing the contract to buy the car. Still haven't given it a name, but that can wait or it can always be known as God's car. I love my car. |