<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Monday, October 10, 2005
Petrol

My first day of medicine rotation. Unlike earlier childhood experiences, where I am 'escorted' by mummy and daddy, I being the independent adult that I am, had to of course drive myself down to 'work'.

To being with, I was late. So having to drive at breakneck speeds of 100km/h along the highway was good, especially without traffic. Thankfully, the co-ordinator herself was late...

The hospital may be small, but the staff are really friendly and really keen on imparting knowledge to our small but growing minds. A big plus to the poor student's and what every (almost) medical student look forward too and frantically search for is the medical luncheons.

Redcliffe Hospital is known to have hospital luncheons. We have 'located' one for ourselves tomorrow. Yum.

However, as nice as the seaside drive is into Redcliffe, complete with beautiful idyllic views...a 45 min drive with my petrol indicator going down as fast as "Zyrtec" is enough to make me an unhappy person.

It means less sleeping time and spending power. I am pretty sure no matter how many free lunches I get (which is never enough), its is never going to be able to make up for my fuel.

Ouch.