<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Saturday, August 13, 2005
He is my Healer

Now I am on anti-histamines AND steriods! A mad cocktail of immunosuppresive agents I must say. I even requested for the steriods....!

The time came when I had to become a demanding patient. It certainly does not help to have a sufficient background of medical knowledge...at least when it come to becoming a pain-in-the-arse-whingy-patient.

They do say that doctors make the worse patients. I suspect medical students too.

So armed with my prescription of steriods, I happily trotted away, knowing that this is the 'good' stuff, and should certainly work.

There are times when I can be my own doctor, though of course its pretty unethical. I knew my body well enough to know that I needed the steriods earlier then later. But questioning a REAL doctor's managment was the last thing that I wanted to be doing. At least not until I am pretty darn sure that my treating doctor will have nothing to do with me academically...

Well, thanks for your prayers all of you out there. Especially Eileen. Hacking away like walking phlegm ball, she still manages to drop me an sms once in awhile to let me know that I'm still in her prayers. Now, that's a prayer warrior that one.

Throughout all this, I have learnt alot more about medicine, the patient's psyche as well as my own, to not question a patient..."WHY THE HELL DID YOU WAIT THIS LONG TO COME SEE ME??!!!"

Here's to becoming a better doctor. A Christian doctor.