<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Saturday, July 09, 2005
A pot and a kettle

One of the few earthly delights that I am privilege to experience is being able to have an indulgent hot shower on early winter mornings.

Now that that is taken away from me...

Yes, I woke up to freaking no hot water!

Its sort of calming to turn the tap on, and wait for the steam from the hot water to blanket the whole bathroom. But my calm turned to panic, when whilst I was waiting for the icy water to turn hot...my housemate tells me the horrid tale...there might be no hot water...

I was in disbelief...

So I waited, and waited...wanting my hands to feel the searing heat of the hot water.

Instead of feeling pain, my finger tips started to shiver!

Okay, maybe we 'ran' out of hot water (which is highly unlikely), and I figured, maybe I shall continue playing the waiting game. Hopefully, within the next hour or so, our trusty water heater would do it's job and churn up some hot water.

Maybe out water heater has developed a cold. 2 hours later, still no hot water!

S**T! I really needed my morning shower...I felt so icky without it!

I finally decided to brave the cold water.

BIG MISTAKE.

Half the time, I found myself taking big gulps of air. Washing my hair was never this painful. As the water dripped on my back, it was as though the icy chill ran right through the skin, right through to my lungs. Breathing normally was not possible.

I knew that I couldnt possibly continue with this.

Really, I am glad for the extra set of hands who helped me with the boiling of hot water in our electric kettle.

3.4 liters of hot water and another 3 liters of cold water later...I was happy.

Yes, I had to boil the water. Yes, I had to shower using a pot.

But you know, in a way it was fun, and it also made me think about how blessed I am in alot of ways.