<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Wednesday, June 08, 2005
My First Diagnosis

My first 'real' day at the hospital, in which, it saw me equipp with some know-how about the workings of a mental facility.

The hospital that I'm attached too, hasn't been as bad as I once presumed it to be. When I told people which hospital I was going to be attached to, responses ranged from: "NO!!!!..." to "Erm....that sounds good (NOT!)..."

So it did come as a suprise when I worked my way around the place, and found it to be quite a little nice hide away. It almost has got this resort'ish spill to it.

Don't believe the horror stories that you hear about mental insitutions. They are really not all that scary.

I am beginning to like this rotation alot more then the previous rotation that I just came out from.

Tutorials are runned with only 2 attendees; my partner and me. The teaching is straightforward, and I apparently ask a lot of 'practical' questions (yes, I am asking questions...finally!). We don't have to wait around for anything to happen; the senior registrar asked for our mobile's so that he can contact us if there is anything interesting on our first day!

And of course, we happen to be able to score free brekky and lunch. Hospital food ain't all that bad.

Mrs. X happend to be in the courtyard awaiting lunch time when we approached her for a chat. She is a really nice elderly lady. Patient, articulate, and yet soft spoken at the same time.

I would have never have suspected that she was the same lady that was brought in a while back when I read her charts.

She was depressed when she was admitted.

Now she is looking forward to doing things, and remembering the things that she enjoyed doing like cooking and reading.

To be able to see such an amazing change in a person, is really quite rewarding.