<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Friday, March 18, 2005
How you doing?

I needed to bitch about my work last night, and what a utter relief I experienced! At this point, I am not sure if it was because I was able to bitch about my assignment that I spent 5 hours working on, to only find out later that it didn't need to be done...

Or that I was able to speak singlish!

For the past few weeks, I had limited contact with the 'outside world', and for majority of the time, had the company of friendly Australians. My tongue has fallen quite 'sick' at times, from having to speak with a little 'twang' when conversing with Australians.

So you can imagine what relief overwhelmed me when I could say my "eh's" and "lah's" without too much questioning.

On another topic...

I have fallen into the "Hi, how you doing?" routine like I was born to do it. I certainly don't recall ever being so polite to people back at home. But it seems that everyone who walks through those sliding doors, there is always an expectant reverb of voices, in the same note, of the same lines.

Sometimes, I realise that I don't do it as sincerly as I think I should. My 'how do's' have become very automatic and my brain switches off to answers in reply. I do not expect a person to say 'life sucks, I hate you, I'm going go jump off the bridge, or I'm not doing that great', its always "Good, thanks".

Even I find myself saying "I'm fine, thank you" when what I really feel like saying is "get out of my face, thank you"...

Well, we can't be nice little sweet angels brimming with sincerity all the time.