<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Wednesday, November 24, 2004
These Days...

These days, have all become like one single day. Waking up can be so much more boring then sleeping. At least sleeping, transports me to another world, another dimension, where I can dream the impossible.

But even nowadays, my dreams are being invaded by my life in reality i.e. I dreamt that I had to attend to an emergency situation and had to assess the person vital sigs. Can I never escape this?

On the upside, though as difficult and strenuous this course is, I am enjoying more then I have ever had. At certain points of time, I ever did ask myself, is this what I really want to do? Wouldn't it be better to throw myself into a less stressful career, not one where someone's life may depend on you? I even shudder to think about that. I am beginning to understand where my sister is coming from when tells me that she doesn't even trust herself at times. Maybe being a doctor, is really like a theatrical experience, its all an act.

Is this what you call passion?

I once was telling my mum about a clincial examination that I had to carry out, and I had to 'pretend' to be a doctor. "Why do you have to pretend?" was the question that she posed. Yes, indeed, you are what you think you are.

I find that my thought processes seem to run alot more smoother and faster when I have to put myself in a position of a doctor. Don't know why. Definitely psychogenic.

Think like a doctor, and act like one.

So, yes, I have to think like a doctor and not a student. Will also have to start to changing my cognitive processe and think that I am thin, smart and beautiful. Although I may not have much faith in taking this course, especially when I think myself to be a size 8 and try to squeeze into that pair pants! Reality can be such a spoiler at times...

Can't wait to go back to start dreaming of the usual...alligators, fire breathing dragons, dinosaurs...you know, the norm, as like what everyone in the world dreams about. :)