<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Sunday, October 10, 2004
A Little Whinge

I have never been one to solely rely on printouts. Rather, I tend to gain my knowledge by writing, pages after pages of information, hoping that the written paragraphs would somehow (maybe by osmosis) be retained by what we now know as the brain.

The one day that I wanted to rely on a performance printout by my ever-reliable Epson printer, it fails me. All signals were misread i.e. the empty ink cartridge was deemed full. Because the printer read that there was still ink available, I could not by any possible means, magically coax that thing out of it’s hiding place to change the ink cartridge. No amount of persuasion, by that, I mean, pressing that button that is suppose to bring it out of that little corner is usually calls home, or uninstalling and re-installing worked. Utter frustration.

Finally, I summoned my brute strength, and with delicate finger work, managed to literally stop the ink cartridge in its tracks while it was assumed to be printing out a job. Taking out the empty cartridge and unwrapping the new one, and hearing the click of it as it was inserted into it’s plastic home brought some sort of relief, figuring that by doing so, it would mean the end of all my problems.

Yah right, my optimism was overestimated.

Now, my printer doesn’t work, is still not reading correctly and has been replenished by a swanky new ink cartridge. Maybe it’s a sign, a sign that I should not rely on technology, no matter how simple it can/should be. Instead, I should rely on the age-old art of handwriting.

Back to the infalliable pen and paper.