<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Tuesday, September 07, 2004
Fragmented Thoughts

5th September 2004
Went to Indooroopilly to develop some digital pictures. Decided to do it soon, seeing how a coupon that I chanced upon was going to be expiring. The queue was long. The people in line seemed to be a little annoyed. At the end of the line, facing the opposite direction was a sunny disposition. She had this endless enthusiasm and energy that exuded from her. Despite dreary looks that she got from most in line, she still found the will power to greet each with a smile and rattle off a few comments that would leave those who’s day may not have been the cheeriest, with a silent smile. There was a lady and her daughter before me. She was handed her stack of colored images. Her daughter reached out to grapple at them, excitedly. Her mother chided her for being impatient, and walked out together. I was her last customer in the line of 5. She greeted me. I think she is an optimist that one. Pretty sure that none of us left Rabbit Photo annoyed.

Woolworths had to be visited. I can’t take too long. I have got a Chocolate Jamaican Cheescake from the Cheescake Shop, sitting in my boot for tonight’s birthday party. Yum. Can’t wait to have some of that. It was meant to be a surprise birthday party, but certain characters may have had a hand in changing the theme. Soft drinks were on sale. 88 cents for 1.25l. Thinking...how many bottles would I need to fill up 13 people? 6? Yah, maybe 6. The bottles didn’t look like it was enough, seeing them sitting in the trolley. Nah, think I will need 7. Should the 7th bottle be Pepsi or Solo? Not many share similar tastes for Pepsi. Solo it is.

8:00pm. Where is everybody? Is that a car that I just heard? I hear my name being called. It’s Laurel. We have a little laugh about the events of how it was not a surprise anymore. More cars driving up now, I see more people making their way towards my place in the dark.

PARTAY!

6th September 2004
I think I need to take a walk. After last night’s junk, my body needs it, besides, my car, is making unusual noises. The weather is beautiful. The sun is out and the sky is has got just enough cover to lessen the searing rays. I see a black thing on the side of the street. What have we got here? I am getting closer.

No wonder they are made out to scare. The bat had this evil contorted look on its face, even in death. The only evidence of its demise was the trail of ants. It must have fallen off a tree or the over hanging power lines. Its talons were still curled. Death. Not something that I see everyday. Not something that I want to see at all.

I see Rabbit Photo. Yes, my pictures. No queue this time. Same lady, and I have left her the same as before. She seemed as excited for me, when she handed me my pictures. I think I know how that daughter felt. Can’t seem to wait to see the pictures. I open them up there and then. Payment hasn’t even been made yet. The quality of the pictures isn’t what I expected, but I still love them. I think it may have something to do with the people that I see on them.

Crazy Clarks beckoned to me. Cheapo stuff, and I really don’t know if it works. Well, think I will give their products a try. I will never know if I never try them out. Queuing again, another long one. I see the reason. The current customer at the front of the line is a little boy, in tow with his mother. He is slowly counting out change to give to the cashier. His mother looks on with pride and encouraging touches. I have got time. I can wait.

I am home! My pictures can finally be put up on my wall. I have waited quite a long time to do this. My ‘happy wall’ I call it. Pictures that I have taken across the years. Random pictures taken at events that creates lasting memories. They aren’t pictures that would win any awards, or ones that are befitting to be seen on magazines or newspapers. Pictures that would not mean a thing to many others, but to me, they mean everything. Now, I walk out of my room everyday with a laugh and a smile, and come back to at the end of the day, to room full of beautiful faces.