<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Sunday, June 27, 2004
God is Good

Yes, God is indeed good, all the time.

For those of you who don’t know, for the past month, I have been searching for a housemate, and it didn’t help that I had to search for one on my own, despite the fact that it wasn’t my responsibility.

It also didn’t help, that my exams are around the corner.

Of course, there were people who were interested, but we often found that they weren’t suitable, as they usually were looking for a short-term stay, and we were looking for someone who could commit to a longer period of time. It just avoids the whole hassle of having to find a new housemate and having to re-adjust to a new unfamiliar presence.

So as my exams drew near and there wasn’t a soul to be found, my heart grew that tad bit anxious.

I found myself, having my little conversations with God on my deck, in the midst of the night. Somehow, the silence that surrounds me when I am on the deck, as my eyes look towards the little sparkles in the sky, and having a ‘little spot light’ of my own, compliments of the moon…makes me feel that little bit more closer to God.

Of course, Godly counsel is the best counsel.

“Gwen, why are you worrying? Have I not taken care of you all these years?”

Yes, God’s gently reminders, they do wonders for my spiritual soul. So I left it all unto him, and true enough, He has been faithful.

“Trials and tribulations are not to prove your faithfulness to Him, but to prove His faithfulness to you”

So this new girl, Jennifer, she’s from church, and it is definitely by divine coincidence that she was also looking for a place. At first, I had my reservations, about living with someone from church. I am someone who likes my privacy, and there are certain things about myself that should just remain a mystery.

I remembered that I was so hesitant, afraid even. It had nothing even to do with Jennifer. In fact, she was nice. She is nice. It was all me, I was afraid of changes. I had grown so accustomed to living my life the way it was, that I was afraid of the challenges of having to make a new housemate, to make a new friend.

I called my mum (the next best thing to God advice), and she of course, told me to pray about it, and wait upon the peace of God. She also made said something, that made me realize my own folly. I was being silly for being afraid, that I should see this as a good thing, a good change, and a good challenge. Instead of seeing the worst of things, I should be looking forward to the best of changes. Yes, my mum. Wise woman my mum.

But of course, I still had to seek peace from God, and decided to pray about it, and sleep on it, and make a final decision the next day.

“Joy comes in the morning”

So does peace. When I awoke, I awoke with smile. I knew what I had to do. The certainty about making the right decision was there, as accompanied by the peace that I had.

Jennifer will be my new housemate come 3rd of July.

Thank you Lord, for your faithfulness to me.