<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5482607?origin\x3dhttp://geedoc.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Insert Cbox code here



Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Finally finished with a literature review presentation! What should have taken just 2 hours to prepare, has taken me a day and half, due to the constant procrastination, which is nothing unusual coming from me. Did a topic about acne and its effective treatment. It took me back to the days when I was growing up with spots on my face that were so plentiful, that if you were to join them up, you will probably end up colouring out my whole face. No, I am not exaggerating, it was BAD. I remember the times, that just looking at myself in the mirror was painful, cause it just made me feel all ugly inside. There were days, when I wouldnt even dare venture out, purely because I couldnt face myself and the world looking the way I am. My self-esteem was definately at the pits during then. Of course, I tried everything, you name it, and I may even have a small stash of whatever it is left somewhere.... Went to the doctors, and all that they could provide me with was antibiotic after antibiotic, and after several years, nothing work.
Well, now acne for me is a thing of the past. Thank God! I can now understand, why a psychiatrist was working in a dermatology clinic, as it seems that alot of people are depressed because of the way they look. That they cannot live to their fullest potential purely on basis on how they look, and they enter a vicious cycle of depression. But then again, whats to wonder about the reason why. Today, society is such that, eveything is about looks. Its been observed that in some judicial hearings that the jury tend to mete out lighter sentences to people who look favourable, however I hope that I am wrong about it!
Its was just the other day, I complained to my friend about my large sore spot that was growing out of my forehead, and it was big enough for me to feel that when people who were taller talked to me, they seem to be talking to my spot on my forehead then me. That was how noticeable it was. To think that my friend replied to me saying that she thought that pimples was non-existant in my dictionary? Looks like I have come a long way since those teenage years of battling with oil slicks and red bumps.
Now its onto another battle, that will be conquered eventually...